Our PTA is made up of hard-working parents & teachers who pool their talents to provide practical support for our school. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership this year. Get to know their names and faces, and feel free to ask them if you have questions.
WE ARE AWARD WINNING!
We're one of only 11 schools in all of AISD to win the 'Head Start Award" for 2019-2020. Learn more about awards here.
FEATURED VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!
More info soon!
- President - Marla Keenan, PTA_President@dawsonelementary.org
- Vice President - Sage Baker, PTA_VP@dawsonelementary.org
- Secretary - Courtney Kozlik, PTA_Secretary@dawsonelementary.org
- Treasurer - Taylor Keenan, PTA_Treasurer@dawsonelementary.org
- Communications - Nancy Cruz
- Community Liaison/Sponsorships - Tali Wildman
- Spring Fling Co-Chairs - Open
- Snowball Co-Chairs - Open
- Parent/Teacher Liaison - Nicole Flowers
- ACPTA Delegate - Cary Cordorva
- ACPTA Delegate - John McKiernan-Gonzalez
We have several open coordinator positions, if you are interested, please contact us.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO ANYWAY?
We support Dawson teachers as they work to provide our children with a well-rounded education:
- We sponsor a grant program that provides $150 worth of classroom and special project materials to Dawson teachers. Last year we gave out 18 of these grants!
- We organize volunteer-power for classroom help, field trips and special events such as Field Day, Talent Show, Family Nights
We support the Dawson community:
- We sponsor fun events that allow us to be together as a community while also raising money for our school (Movie Night, Snowball, Spring Fling)
- We provide financial support for projects to beautify and modernize our campus including working alongside the Beautification committee to plant new and revitalize existing flowerbeds and garden spaces across the campus.
- We facilitate partnerships and donations from neighborhood businesses that benefit Dawson students and families as well as the broader community.
In 2018-2019 the Dawson Elementary PTA:
- Had more members than ever before! But we've still got a long way to go to meet the goal of one member for each student at Dawson!
- Raised more money at Spring Fling than ever before! This year Spring Fling was run by a small group of volunteers, if we can build that group we can build our fundraising strength!
- Recruited five new banner sponsors and many other community sponsors ???
You can help Dawson Elementary by giving/sharing:
- YOUR TIME! Join us today and attend our meetings and family nights. Volunteer to help make our school events possible. Have a voice in your child’s education through membership in the PTA.
- YOUR CONNECTIONS! Know someone who owns a local business and might want to support Dawson through advertising or in-kind donations? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOUR MONEY! Did you know that only half of your $9 membership fees actually go to Dawson programming? Tack a few extra dollars onto your membership fee and give us a jumpstart on 2019-2020!